Safety is not something that is taken lightly when shooting, especially when it comes to your eyes.
Getting the best shooting glasses, however, can be difficult since you don’t want to look like you are participating in a high school science experiment, but do want to stay protected.
Rather than risk wasting your money, you can follow our expert guide to give you some real tips and tricks to finding the right pair of shooting glasses. You’ll not only look great but – most importantly – you’ll be offering your eyes the protection they need when you’re out shooting.
Things to Consider
The shooting glasses that you choose should not only look great, but they should have all of the features that make them wearable and protective as well.
- Prescription Lenses. If you wear prescription glasses then there is a whole set of shooting glasses that are appropriate to be worn over them. Ensure you look for this compatibility feature as these glasses have been designed to accommodate while remaining comfortable too.
- Fold Smart. Even the best shooting glasses are useless when the lenses are all scratched and marked. Fold smart is a feature found in some of the most popular shooting glasses because it helps keep the lenses protected from the earpieces and external corrosion too.
- Style. One of the best things you can do for your shooting is to buy glasses that are effective and that you enjoy wearing. Whether you wear prescription lenses or not, the glasses come in a variety of colors and range from athletic styles to ones that look like prescription glasses.
Top 10 Shooting Glasses Ultimate Table
Choosing the Perfect Shooting Glasses
The most important thing to look for when deciding on which shooting glasses to buy is how well they will actually protect your eyes when you are shooting. This means evaluating the following:
- Clarity. You need to be able to see through your safety glasses with as much precision as possible. The clarity of the glasses, not only refers to the quality of the lenses, but also to the features that help avoid any obstructions. Consider features like anti-fog and UV protection for the best results.
- Impact Protection. Sun protection and clarity are always concerns but if your safety glasses will easily fall off your face as a result of kickback or if they crack then they become useless and dangerous. Ensure the goggles you are considering specifically say that they are made of materials that will not break under impact and will remain secure.
- User Reviews. One way to test the quality of glasses and get a better assessment of the impact protection without actually buying the different pairs and trying them for yourself is to read the reviews of those that have done the testing for you.
Top 3 Best Shooting Glasses Reviews
If you are looking for shooting glasses that will keep you protected and also maintain their quality over time without breaking the bank then the Champion Clear Shooting Glasses are a great option. These glasses are professional-grade and therefore have all of the great features and qualities you would expect.
The scratch resistant, clear lenses are probably the best feature. You do not want a scratch on your glasses when you are shooting and trying to be as precise as possible. The fold-smart frames also help to keep the lenses intact for longer.
In terms of comfort, these are the best shooting glasses and you will notice this as soon as you start using them. They have wrap around safety so the glasses will not become dislodged and the plastic has been made to suit most face sizes.
The Howard Leight by Honeywell Vapor II Sharp Shooter Safety Eyewear are the kind of glasses you see and expect a massive price tag to go along with them. These are not those glasses in terms of price but are in terms of the quality and protection that they provide any shooter.
The sport-style temples keep the glasses in place while you shoot, which means you don’t have to worry so much about adjusting them after each shot. The nose comes with a comfortable bridge fit and the entire frame is lightweight.
Not everyone is concerned with style in their shooting glasses, but if you are then these ones look sporty and will keep you protected without looking like scientific-style safety goggles.
The Allen Company Over-Prescription Shooting Glasses are unique in that they go over the glasses that you already wear. These are glasses that are geared towards safety and helping you stay protected and see accurately. This means that they do not have any negative effect on the prescription glasses that you are wearing in conjunction.
Together, everyday glasses and these shooting glasses are surprisingly comfortable. There is nothing better than knowing that you can shoot safely and be precise without risking any eye damage in the process.
Even with the wider fit because these glasses need to fit over others, they are still secure on your head and will not be knocked easily. This kind of accommodating comfort is hard to find in any shooting glasses.