10 Best Pistol Range Bags
While it is possible to carry all your guns and gear to the range in any cheap tote bag or backpack, that probably isn’t the best option. When you’ve invested a significant amount of money into your firearms and shooting equipment, you want to protect them from damage. The best way to do this is to transport them to and from the range in a quality range bag, and if you don’t know how to find one, our guide will be very useful to you!
Whether you want something tactical or practical, use our handy guide to help you choose the best pistol range bag to fit your shooting needs.
Top 10 Pistol Range Bags Comparison Chart
|1. G.P.S. Handgunner Backpack Black GPS-1711BP||20 x 15 x 7.5 inches||$$$$||4.8|
|2. 5.11 Tactical Range Bag||10 x 21 x 14 inches||$$$$||4.8|
|3. Blackhawk Sportster Deluxe Range Hunting Bag||15 x 10 x 11 inches||$$||4.8|
|4. Nc Star Competition Range Bag||18 x 11 x 12 inches||$$||4.8|
|5. Voodoo Tactical Men's Standard Scorpion Range Bag||16 x 11 x 10 inches||$$$||4.8|
|6. GunMate Range Bag with Removable Hook and Loop Dividers||7 x 16 x 8 inches||$||4.7|
|7. Osage River Tactical Shooting Gun Range Bag||7.5 x 13.5 x 10.5 inches||$$||4.7|
|8. Explorer Tactical 12 Pistol Padded Gun and Gear Bag||16 x 9 x 11 inches||$$$||4.7|
|9. Glock Perfection AP60219 4-Pistol Nylon Range Bag||17 x 11 x 5 inches||$$||4.7|
|10. Orca Tactical Gun Pistol and Ammo Shooting Range Duffle Bag||16 x 11 x 9 inches||$$$||4.7|
How to Choose a Pistol Range Bag
You’ll want to read this section before deciding which bag you want to carry with you to the pistol range.
There are a lot of different bags to choose from; here are some of the features that you’ll want to consider when searching for the best pistol range bag to fit your personal shooting needs.
- Material. The bag should be made of durable and hardwearing material. If you use an outdoor range, you may want to consider a bag that is also waterproof for extra protection.
- Handles and Straps. You might think that there are more notable features to look at when deciding which bag is right for you, but handles are a key feature of your pistol range bag. You may need to consider whether you want simple basic handles, or if a shoulder strap is more convenient for you to carry. Whichever style of handle you choose, you will need to be able to carry your bag easily, and since there will be valuable contents inside of your bag, you’ll want the handles to be strong and sturdy as well. A broken handle could mean broken equipment.
- Style. Most range bags will be in the style of a tote. However, backpack style range bags are also a popular option. While mostly a matter of personal preference rather than utility, there are several style options to choose from. Some people prefer a more tactical or military-style to their pistol range bags, while others may want something more classic.
- Interior Compartments. A bag that features several interior compartments will make it easier to carry a variety of equipment. Having your shooting gear separated into compartments will also help you stay better organized while you’re at the range.
- Exterior Pockets. Exterior pockets are a convenient way to quickly access smaller items without having to rifle through the bag to find them. They make a handy place to store extra ear plugs, hand wipes, or safety glasses.
- Padding. While not an absolute necessity, a range bag that is padded will offer extra protection for your firearm and other range gear from accidental bumps and bangs.
Top 3 Best Pistol Range Bag Reviews
1. G.P.S. Handgunner Backpack Black GPS-1711BP
The sturdy backpack design allows you to transport your gear to and from the range while keeping your hands free. There is space for the upright storage of four full-size handguns plus room for everything else, including 12 extra magazines, ear and eye protection, targets, ammunition, binoculars, tools, stapler, and cleaning supplies. The pockets and compartments are even labeled to help keep you organized. If it won’t fit in this bag, then you probably don’t need it.
The G.P.S. Handgunner Backpack is made of quality materials and features a high-density foam cradle insert, as well as a waterproof cover in the top of the bag, so your handguns are always fully protected. This backpack is everything you could want in a range bag.
2. 5.11 Tactical Range Bag
5.11 Tactical consulted both professional shooters and range instructors when designing this bag. Whether you’re shooting alone or with a partner, the Range Ready Bag has enough space to store everything you need for a day at the pistol range. There’s enough room to store multiple handguns, plenty of ammunition, optics, eye and ear protection, and anything else you might need.
This bag features a convenient removable ammo tote, and it has a removable mesh drawstring bag for your brass, so clean up is a breeze. There’s even a special hydration pocket to store your water so you’ll never be thirsty. Perfect for a balmy day on the range.
5.11 Tactical has thought of everything a shooter might need. This bag is made from heavy-duty material with reinforced zippers. It is made to last. Buy this one, and you may never have to buy another pistol range bag ever again.
3. Blackhawk Sportster Deluxe Range Hunting Bag
Blackhawk’s Sportster line of gear bags offers a great balance of affordability and quality. It features extra dual foam protection with an internal open-cell foam to protect your weapon and external closed-cell foam for impact protection. The first thing you’ll notice about this pistol range bag is its durable construction. The bag has heavy seam binding with a double row of locked stitching. This bag is not going to come apart at the seams.
The Blackhawk Sportster Deluxe Range Bag has numerous internal pockets to store and organize all your shooting accessories easily, and with strong wrap around handles made of webbing, you won’t have any difficulty getting all of your gear safely out on the range.