Is your firearm starting to wear down? Are you looking for a solution? If so, get ready to find an answer!
A firearm usually isn’t used quite often, unless you’re in the military or you own a firing range. With this being said, any machine that forces rough and harsh contact of metal parts against one another needs to be lubricated from time to time, regardless of how frequently it’s used.
A firearm is no exception to this statement. Large or small, you’ll need to make sure your gun is optimally greased. You’ll need a great lubricant, such as gun oil, for this pursuit.
Finding the best gun oil, however, can be a challenge, but thanks to our easy-to-use guide, you can easily compare and contrast the top products side by side in order to find the right one for your needs and budget.
Here’s a look at a few things to take into account when you’re looking to buy!
- Boundary or Hydrodynamic. When it comes to lubricants for metal or hard-surface machinery, there are predominantly two types: boundary and hydrodynamic. Hydrodynamic is a little prehistoric, and simply fills the cracks of the rough edges that are wearing against a surface.
Boundary, on the other hand, fills these same cracks with microscopic solids that permanently provide a layer of resistant and lubrication for the surfaces that are rubbing against one another.
- Water Resistant? Some oils aren’t waterproof. This can impair the ability of your firearm to function properly in humid or wet climates if that’s the area you’ll be operating it in.
- Lubrication Location. Some oils will cover all parts of your firearm that need lubrication. Some will only cover a specific location. Keep in mind which area the oil you’re thinking about purchasing is able to target! Not all oils are designed the same!
Top 10 Gun Oils Ultimate Table
Before we get to our picks for the best gun oil, let’s discuss a few more things that may be relevant when you’re looking to lubricate your firearm.
- Thicker Isn’t Better. Many oils are often touted as “Super Products”. Often times, these oils simply don’t live up to the hype. One of the things they often boast is thicker oil, which actually isn’t great for your firearm. Thinner oil is much more effective.
- Environmental Performance. Nobody buys a firearm to shoot it in one temperature range or climate type! The best gun oil is oil that stays strong and functions well in really low or really high temperatures.
- Sweat Resistant. This important, especially if you shoot for long periods of time! Everyone’s hands will eventually perspire.
Top 3 Best Gun Oil Reviews
Although it’s on the pricey end of the spectrum, this oil will be worth every penny. Let’s take a look at why it’s so great.
You’ll be able to use this versatile lubricant on all of your toys. From guns to band saws, this oil does the trick! Pertaining to firearms, you’ll surely get smooth operation from any area you apply it to. Whether it’s your trigger or your hammer, you’re going to want to incorporate this oil into your firearm’s maintenance.
Another great feature of this product is its safety. The developers of this oil kept the environment in mind. It’s non-toxic, and safe to throw away.
Lastly, it’s also temperature resistant. Shoot in the cold and watch your gun perform amazingly.
The Slip2000 60320 EWL Extreme Weapons Lubricant Twist Top is a great product to buy if you want to maintain your firearm in the best possible way.
Both highly viscous and highly coveted, this oil is a potent force when it comes to firearm maintenance. Let’s get into what makes this oil a great product to use on your firearm.
Firstly, it’s quite viscous. Don’t be mistaken, however; this doesn’t mean it’s thicker! It simply means it doesn’t flow very smoothly. It’ll stay in all of the places you want it to.
It’s both synthetic and boundary oil. This oil will slip through all the cracks of worn and degraded surfaces and lubricate them at a fantastic rate! Save your tools and firearms for years of use!
You won’t have to use much, wherever you apply it. This stuff is strong! Add one drop to the affected area and you’ll be in business.
It’s great oil for multiple uses. Use this product on your gun, your fishing rods, and your pocketknife.
Break-Free has several high-quality products in our table above. This Break-Free oil topped all of its sister products, and here’s why!
This lubricant has built-in corrosion inhibitors that are designed to preserve and protect your firearm. Even if your arm is old, this oil will ensure that rust stays away.
It’s quite viscous but it certainly isn’t thick! It’ll hold quite well in cold or humid environments. You’ll be able to shoot wherever you please! Even in dirty conditions, this lubricant will keep your gun shiny, protected, and usable.
An added perk of this oil is that it has proven to hold up after being completely immersed in a pool of saltwater! That’s durability at its finest.
This Break-Free product will certainly hold up in any condition. It’s a viable option for a gun owner who wants to maintain his/her firearm for decades of use.