Concealed carry holsters need to be comfortable, easy to access, and descrete. Our Best Concealed Carry Holsters will help you find the right one for you.
You want the protection, but not the attention. That’s where a greatconcealed carry holster comes in.
With so many choices on the market, it might be difficult to choose the right holster. That is why we wrote this handy guide. It will give you a good start on ten of the best holsters, while also offering in-depth reviews of the top five.
Top 10 Concealed Carry Holsters Table
So what should you look for to find the best concealed carry holster? There are several factors that you need to keep in mind.
- Pistol Compatibility. There are so many different sized guns on the market that can be used for personal protection. When you are looking for a concealed carry holster, be sure that you get one that will be compatible with your firearm and allow you to wear it comfortably.
- Material. The material that you choose heavily depends on your personal preference. Perhaps you prefer real leather over synthetic, or you prefer a soft holster over a hard case. You can also choose the fabric that is a soft and stretchy neoprene. The material type you want should feel comfortable when you are wearing it, or you will most likely leave it at home.
- Type. Since everyone has their preferred carrying style, holsters can come in a variety of formats. Each of those formats can then be worn in multiple ways.
- Waist Clip. The most popular model for concealed carry, a waist clip is like a regular holster, but designed to go on the inside of your pants, below your shirt.
- Belly Band. As the name suggests, a belly band wraps around your stomach, allowing you to keep your firearm under your clothing with ease.
- Carrying Style. While concealment is key, you also want to have your pistol in a place that you feel you can reach it quickly, discreetly, and safely. This means that you should look for a holster that allows you to wear your firearm in various positions based on personal preference.
- Storage Space. Most of the concealed carry holsters that we reviewed only had storage space for a pistol. However, you can also find some that allow you to carry more gear as well easily. This could be extra magazines, money, or even your cellphone.
- Ease of Use. Any gear is only useful to you if you use it regularly. If something is hard to use or is uncomfortable to wear, you are probably going to leave it at home. That is why you should look for a holster that fits comfortably and can be taken on and off with ease.
- Durability. Since you will be using this all the time, be sure that your holster of choice is tough. If it fails while you are out in public, you will have a tough time carrying your firearm safely and discreetly, so it pays to have a high-quality holster that will not break down over time.
Top 5 Best Concealed Carry Holster Reviews
Out of all of the different holsters we reviewed, we found the Defender to be the best concealed carry holster on the market today. It attaches with a belt clip and can be worn in loads of different positions, allowing you to select your most comfortable position.
It is made right here in America out of genuine rawhide leather. Even though it is already comfortable to wear right when you buy it, the quality of the leather will only become softer with use. And since it is very easy and convenient to use, you will have no problem with that!
Probably its best feature by far is the broad range of pistols that you can use with it. While lots of concealed carry holsters are shaped only to fit certain firearms, the Defender can be used with lots of different models, such as Smith and Wesson M&P Shield, Glock, and Springfield XD or XDS.
Summary: The Defender can be used with lots of different pistols. It is extremely comfortable to wear and can be worn in lots of different ways.
If you are looking for a durable concealed carry holster for your S&W M&P Shield 9/40, then this is the holster for you. It is made out of a sturdy material called Boltaron, which is a synthetic material which is comfortable to wear, but also durable.
This holster utilizes a waist clip attachment system that can be cut in multiple different positions, which gives you options on how you want to wear it. Just be sure to get the right model for your handedness, as the holster is molded to fit the pistol for whatever side you will be wearing it.
While this is a fantastic holster, the fact that it can only be used for the S&W M&P takes it down a few notches. It works extremely well for this brand and make of pistol, but limits its effectiveness for customers who don’t have one.
Summary: A durable, easy to use, and comfortable concealed carry holster for S&W M&P pistols. Be sure to purchase the right handedness format for your particular wearing needs.
If you are looking for a low profile, no frills type of concealed carry holster, then this is the one for you! It can fit multiple pistol sizes and brands, which makes it more accessible to more users. The material used for the holster is suede leather, which is extremely soft and comfortable to wear.
However, the softness of the holster makes it susceptible to ripping or tearing, especially with lots of use. This would be a great starter holster or perhaps an extra to have to lie around for occasional use. With heavy use, this holster may wear out quickly.
Once again, if you choose to purchase this holster, be sure to select your handedness so that you can wear it comfortably.
Summary: A less durable holster that would be great as an extra or as a backup, this suede holster is extremely comfortable to wear and easy to use.
An extremely versatile system, this Belly band holster allows users to carry not only a pistol but also additional gear too. With the attached compartments, you have room for extra ammunition, tools, money, your wallet, or even your phone!
Along with all of that extra gear, you can also choose to carry any size, brand, or type of pistol that you want and you can do it comfortably. You can also opt to wear your gun of choice in multiple positions, giving you a choice as to how you want to wear it.
The only problem with this holster is the straps. We had trouble keeping the holster in position once we loaded it up with extra gear. The straps only can be tightened so much, and if you are too small for their size or have too much gear, the holster may not fit correctly.
Summary: A versatile system that allows you to carry extra gear, this belly band is extremely comfortable. However, it was sometimes hard to get a tight fit, and may not fit someone on the thinner side.
Another holster that will only fit the S&W M&P, the KYDEX must be worn inside your waistband. Once you have selected your handedness, you can then choose to carry it in multiple locations around your waist.
It is built to last and made out of durable materials. Once of the best features, it has is that when you holster your firearm, you will hear an audible click, making this one of the safest holsters that we reviewed.
Even though it is built out of tough materials, it is a lightweight holster, making it ideal for daily use, since fatigue from wearing it should be minimal.
Summary: The KYDEX is a good holster for anyone with an S&W M&P pistol. It is made with durable materials, is lightweight, and lets you know when your pistol is holstered safely and securely with an audible click.