There are tons of AR-15 Bipods and many of them are great, but not all. Our list of the Best Bipods for AR-15s will help you make an informed choice.
Whether you’ll be using your bipod for target shooting, tactical operations, or hunting, you’ll need a bipod that is sturdy, durable, versatile, and practical. Before you spend hours researching the best bipod for AR-15, consult our easy-to-follow guide: we have done the hard work for you and compiled the most important information all in one place.
Things to Consider When Buying a Bipod for AR-15
When choosing a bipod for your AR-15, here are a few initial things to consider.
- You will want to make sure that any bipod you purchase for your AR-15 is designed to fit a picatinny rail. This type of rail is standard for most AR-15s. If a bipod isn’t specifically designed to fit a picatinny rail, check to see if there is an adaptor available.
- Good AR-15 bipods will have adjustable legs and an adjustable angle for versatility.
10 Best Bipods for AR-15s Chart
One important thing to consider when choosing your AR-15 bipod is leg height adjustment. Different leg height adjustments allow you to settle into a wide variety of stable shooting positions under many different circumstances. For example, a bipod with a maximum leg height of 9 inches isn’t going to be very useful when shooting through 12 inches of tall grass or other dense vegetation.
There are four standard categories of bipod height, and each is suited to a different set of shooting styles and conditions.
- 6-9 Inch Bipods. These bipods usually offer adjustments to four different height selections. These shorter bipods are best for bench shooting.
- 9-13 Inch Bipods. The 9-13 inch bipods offer five height selections; these bipods are best suited for bench or prone position shooting.
- 13-24 Inch Bipods. Bipods in this category offer a wide height range and are great for taller shooters or those shooting in tall vegetation or deep snow.
- 25-62 Inch Bipods. Bipods in this category are less popular but quite handy especially if you prefer to shoot from a sitting or kneeling position.
Reviews: Best Bipods for AR-15s
The next best AR 15 bipod is this one from UTG Tactical: the simple and straightforward design of this bipod will immediately appeal to both the tactical enthusiast and the outdoor sportsman. Don’t let its lightweight fool you. This bipod is designed to last since it is constructed from high-performing aluminum with steel components. It is reinforced in all the right places and stands up to aggressive live fire testing.
You’ll love the UTG Tactical OP Bipod for its versatility. The included dual mounting kit allows easy attachment to picatinny or weaver rails or a swivel stud mounting point so that you can use this bipod on any of your guns, not just your AR-15. It also features a quick detach lever lock for easy attachment or removal of your bipod.
If you’re looking to increase your shooting accuracy without breaking the bank, this is the bipod for you. It is hands-down the best AR-15 bipod for those on a tight budget. Built to last from aircraft grade aluminum and hardened steel, then finished with a non-rusting black finish, this bipod is both sturdy and attractive. It is lightweight, easy to use, and features rubber foot pads that grip practically any surface.
The legs lock into place with five convenient notches. Included is a picatinny rail adaptor for easy mounting on your AR-15, as well as an upgraded tension mount screw for increased stability and safety.