In considering the importance of an AR 15 sling, it is no surprise that you should want the most reliable and durable piece of equipment possible.
As this tool is used for shooting, transporting a rifle and keeping the gun in position while you have access to both hands, it can be hard to find just the right one for you.
To avoid buying a sling that you have to ditch because it is not worth its weight and not worth your time, follow this expert guide. There is no better way to get the best AR 15 sling than to read the advice of those that have used the slings firsthand and can offer insight into the pros and the cons of each one!
Things to Consider
- Stability. When you will be using the sling to carry the rifle with you, you need it to stay close to your body without swinging around.
Two-point slings are already superior with this particular feature but it is important to choose a sling with an adjustable strap to ensure it suits your wearing style specifically.
- Adjustability. This should not just be applied to the length of the string but to the attachment possibilities as well. The exact placement of your sling is a personal choice and one that should be completely open when you choose the right sling for you.
You should also be able to adjust into different positions easily. Being able to go from carrying the rifle on your person to shooting in a matter of seconds can make all the difference.
Note: All of the slings in our guide are 2-point slings.
Top Six AR 15 Slings Table
How to Find the Perfect AR 15 Sling
Getting the best sling possible is first and foremost about considering the features and aspects that will make a difference to you.
Secondly, you should consider some of the basic features that will affect the quality and performance, such as:
- Material. Lightweight and comfortable material is a must.
- Durability. Durability often is a reflection on the material that the sling is made of but also the design. Consider the reviews of those that have used the sling on a daily basis to ensure the sling you are considering will stand up to proper field tests.
- Length of the Sling. This is something that needs to be compatible with your height and the way you like to wear it. This is another reason slings with adjustable lengths are far superior.
Top 3 Best AR 15 Sling Reviews
The Best Rifle Slings by STI are very high quality in terms of the materials they are made of, ease of use and how well they hang. This is a sling that might not fit every AR 15 right away but with a clamp or two, there shouldn’t be an issue.
The design of this sling is simple and elegant. It is exactly what you want when you need to handle and carry your gun without a lot of fuss.
The construction is strong too, which means you can swing your gun onto your back or around your shoulder, shoot and put it back again without worrying it will come loose.
The BluCollar Tactical Duty Sling gives you a lot of flexibility in terms of how you can get the sling to fit. The maximum length of the sling is 70”, so it really will fit anyone and suit any style of wearing too.
Every aspect of this sling is well made, from the adjustable plastic to the tube webbing and the outer material too. All of this means that you get the best AR 15 sling for your money.
This is a simple design but it does exactly what you need it to and will stand up to being used for everyday duty.
You can tell just from looking at the Rifle Sling 550 Paracord that it is an incredibly durable sling. The materials along and the weaving of the paracord material means that you will never have to worry about wear and tear over time.
Even with such great materials, this sling doesn’t weigh too much. It is lightweight and the weaved material means that it is comfortable too. This means it is far superior to slings of a similar price range and style.
As an additional bonus, you have your choice of different colors with this sling so you can also be sure that you have a more distinct look.